Family Visa

Canada encourages foreign individuals to unite with their families living here. The Family Visa offers opportunities for Canadian citizens and PRs to sponsor their family members to come and settle in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen or PR having a foreign national spouse or common-law or conjugal partner or dependent children, then you are eligible to sponsor them to become Canadian PR.
Just submit a Canada Sponsorship Application with relevant details and accordingly you will be able to quickly join your family.
Under rules of October 25, 2012, sponsored spouses or partners have to live together in a legitimate relationship with each other for 2 years from the day they receive PR status in Canada.
Proof of financial record of the person sponsoring is mandatory in all family visa types.

Type of Family Visa

PR of Canada can sponsor his/ her spouse if that person is married ((legal marriage) to that Canadian citizen/PR. Same-sex partners are also eligible to apply if their marriage legally happened in Canada, or outside Canada where marriage between two same-sex persons is legally recognized. No financial aid will be given by the Canadian govt. for the sponsored spouse.


This visa allows Canadian citizens and PRs to sponsor their own or their partner’s dependent or adopted children. Note the child must be below19 years of age to apply. Dependent children can stay study and work in Canada.

Common-Law Partner

The Common-Law Partner visa gives the right to both, same and opposite sex to stay with their partner in Canada and also their children with showing full intention to support them financially. The sponsored are eligible to stay study and work in Canada for an indefinite period.

Conjugal Partner
Partners who were separated by circumstances of war, discrimination, or other barriers can join their partner via Conjugal partner Visa. The visa allows all sexes partners along with their dependent children to stay with their Canadian partner. And they can stay study and work in Canada.
Parent & Grandparent

The Parental and Grandparental visa allows parents and grand-parents for sponsorship by their Canadian children or grandchildren. The sponsors should support them monetarily without getting any assistance from govt. or public funds. The approved applicant is entitled to stay study and work in Canada, besides getting permanent residency status.

Other Relative / Friend
Enhancing family ties, Canada offers relative to be sponsored by a Canadian citizen/ PR. Note only 1 relative is allowed to be sponsored irrespective of their age or relationship under this program. The sponsored applicant can stay, study, work, and become a permanent resident in Canada.
Provincial Nominee Family Visa

The family-based Provincial nominee visa allows Canadian citizens/PRs settled in the following mentioned provinces to sponsor their family members to stay, study, work and become permanent residents in Canada.
• Manitoba
• New Brunswick
• Newfoundland
• Nova Scotia
• Saskatchewan
• Prince Edward Island

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizen/PR are eligible to apply for a super visa. But dependants of parents and grandparents are not entitled to apply; instead, they can visit Canada via regular visitor visa.
The validity of a Super Visa is 10 years that allows the applicant to visit their family in Canada for up to 2 years without renewing their status.
The super visa applicants must meet the following conditions to be admissible.
• Intention to leave at the end of their visit.
• Connection to their home country.
• Purpose of visit.
• Financial situation.
• The economic and political stability of the applicant’s home country.
• Any invitation from a Canadian host.
• Must submit a letter promising full financial support from their Canadian citizen/PR sponsor who also has Canadian medical insurance for a minimum of 1 year period in Canada.
• Medical exam check.